Kurung Homework Club
Kurung has been successful in obtaining funds from the National Aboriginal Strategy to employ an Aboriginal coordinator for this group. The Co-ordinator started work in August 2015.
Outcomes from this group have included:
- In particular the teachers/mentors have been able to establish lasting relationships with both students and their families resulting in extracurricular activities for students in school holiday time and interest of tutors in students sporting activities.
- Tutors were instrumental in gaining a scholarship for one student at a private college.
- A Year 10 student received two scholarships, one for ‘Aboriginal Student of the Year’ and the other for Arts.
- Two students gained their Learner Drivers Licences.
- Some students were taken to the Museum and the Zoo during the school holidays.